LA TOUR DES BALEINES
Historic site and monument , Tower at Saint-Clément-des-Baleines
See photos (2)
- The old tower, just in front of the lighthouse of the Whales, erected on the order of Colbert, operated from 1682. It was destined to serve as a bitter (27 meters) and point of surveillance of the maritime traffic. At night his fire was fed with fish oil and then with coal. Replaced by the Lighthouse of the Whales in 1854, it was classified historical monument in 1904!
Contact by email
- See all reviews